MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Don't let the list of ingredients put you off most of it is standard cupboard stuff anyway - this is well worth the effort!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 onion, peeled and chopped
- 170 g gammon steaks, diced
- 325 g sweetcorn, drained (half a can)
- green beans, chopped
- 2 teaspoons plain flour
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon coarse grain mustard
- 85 ml white wine
- 85 -110 ml double cream
- 85 -110 ml milk
- 110 g red leicester cheese
- 1⁄2 vegetable bouillon cube
- 375 g puff pastry (1/4 of a pack)
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 220C/425°F.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and sauté the onion, garlic, gammon, sweetcorn and beans for three to four minutes.
- Add the flour, dill, and mustard to the pan and heat for a further one to two minutes.
- Pour in the wine, cream, milk, and cheese stirring continuously.
- Crumble in the stock cube and simmer gently for eight to ten minutes.
- Roll the puff pastry out to one to two centimeters thick, to line a serving plate. Use the plate as a template to cut around the pastry.
- Dot the pastry with a knife and place on a baking sheet. Brush the pastry with the egg yolk to glaze.
- Bake in the oven for five to six minutes, or until crisp and golden.
- Transfer the gammon mixture to a plate or bowl.
- Remove the pastry from the oven and use to top the gammon, to form a pie.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION