Game of Thrones Red Velvet Cupcakes With Cream Cheese Frosting
This recipe is pretty lethal.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups cake flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vinegar
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 lb unsalted butter
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- For the cupcakes, mix dry ingredients together in one bowl and mix wet ingredients together in a second bowl. Pour the wet mixture into the dry and mix until combined. Fill lined cupcake tins until 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake cupcakes 15-20 minutes and cool completely.
- For the frosting, mix butter and cream cheese until smooth. Slowly mix in confectioner's sugar. Add vanilla extract. Frost cupcakes using a piping bag (or using a plastic freezer bag with the tip cut off).
- Frost cupcakes using a piping bag (or using a plastic freezer bag with the tip cut off). Liberally pour red dye over the top of the frosted part of the cupcake.
- For the decoration, print 3 sets of Game of Thrones Sigils here: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/398005685788894620/.
- Glue half a skewer to a toothpick and add a sigil to each topper, insert into cupcake.
- Enjoy carefully! Lanister blood is hard to clean off of carpets.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION