1. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Have filets at room temperature. Sprinkle with black pepper.
2. Melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat in an ovenproof skillet. Saute shallots for a minute or two, then add the mushrooms. Continue cooking until the mushrooms are slightly brown and the shallots are soft. Remove and set aside.
3. Turn the heat up in the pan. Saute the steaks quickly on both sides (this should take between 2-5 minutes each side).
The steaks should be nicely seared.
Put them in the oven for 5-10 minutes to finish, depending upon the thickness of the steaks. Take them out when the internal temp reaches how well done you like your steaks.
Remove the steaks from the oven and put on a plate.
4. Melt the other tablespoon of butter in another pan over low heat. Add the steaks. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
Pour the whiskey over the steaks and ignite!
When the flames die down, turn the steaks over for about 30 seconds. Remove and tent the steaks on a warm plate.
5. Add the shallots and mushrooms back to the pan with the whiskey and slowly add half and half. Turn up the temperature a bit.
Add Worcestershire sauce and salt to taste. Stir and cook a few minutes to thicken sauce and pour over steaks.