Gérard Mulot's Dulce De Leche Macarons
- Ready In:
- 1hr 6mins
For the cushed praline
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 cup unblanched almonds
For the Macarons
- 3 egg whites
- 50 g granulated sugar
- 200 g powdered sugar
- 110 g almonds, ground
- In a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whip the egg whites to a foam, gradually add the sugar until you obtain a glossy meringue. (Do not overbeat your meringue or it will be too dry and your macarons won't work.).
- Combine the ground almonds and powdered sugar in a food processor and give them a quick pulse. (It will break the powdered sugar lumps and combine your almond with it evenly.)
- Add them to the meringue and fold the mass carefully until you obtain a batter that flows like magma or a thick ribbon. (Test a small amount on a plate: if the tops flattens on its own you are good to go. If there is a small beak, give the batter a couple of turns.).
- Fill a pastry bag fitted with a plain tip with the batter and pipe small round onto parchment paper baking sheets. Sprinkle the praline powder over the shells.
- Preheat the oven to 315°F
- Let the macarons sit out for an hour to harden their shell a bit and bake for 8-10 minutes, depending on their size. Let cool completely.
- Once cooled, sandwich them with the Dulce de Leche and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!