From Western Africa - a tasty combination of squash, yams, and coconut milk.
- Ready In:
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 lb winter squash, peeled and cut into bite-sized cubes (hubbard squash is recommended, sweet pumpkin can also be used)
- 1 -2 lb yam, peeled and cut into bite-sized cubes (or sweet potatoes)
- oil, to saute
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Fry onion in skillet, stir and cook until tender.
- Stir in all other ingredients, and heat to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and stir occasionally. Cook until vegetables are tender (ten to fifteen minutes).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation