"funny Bones" Cake
This is a chocolate bundt cake with peanut butter "tunnel". Made to taste like Drakes Funny Bones.
- Ready In:
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (do not use natural peanut butter unless you like a very dense filling.)
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- milk (to thin out filling)
- 1 (18 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 -3 teaspoons light cream
- For the filling: Beat the cream cheese and peanut butter until combined.
- Add the powdered sugar and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Beat in milk, 1 T at a time, until you reach desired consistency.
- Set aside.
- For the cake: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 12 cup bundt pan with cooking spray for baking.
- Mix cake mix, oil, sour cream and eggs in a bowl. Beat 1 or 2 minutes at medium speed.
- Reserve 2 cups of the batter.
- Pour remaining batter into the prepared pan.
- Put peanut butter filling in a ring on top of batter (DO NOT ALLOW FILLING TO TOUCH THE SIDES OF THE PAN)
- Spoon reserved batter on top.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes. (Some coated pans only take 30-35 minutes).
- Cool 20 minutes and remove from pan onto wire rack.
- For the glaze: Mix powdered sugar, vanilla and lt. cream until smooth. Add more cream as needed to desired consistancy.
- When cake is cool, place on serving platter and drizzle with glaze.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This cake tasted just like funny bones but the filling does not hold up to heat, if I was to make it again I would probably make it in a 13x9x2" pan and frost the cake with the filling after it cooled and put a chocolate glaze on it. You would get the same effect but not the hollow tunnel that is created from the filling melting. Would be a little embarrassed to serve to company.