Funky Frito Fruckies
photo by Ms B.
- Ready In:
- In a greased 10x15 pan, place the corn chips.
- In a saucepan, bring the sugar and corn syrup to a boil over medium heat.
- Remove from heat and stir in the peanut butter until smooth.
- Pour this over the chips and smooth it out level.
- Place the chocolate bars in a single layer over the hot mixture and wait a few minutes until the heat melts them and then smooth the chocolate out to form a thin layer.
- Allow to cool and then break into pieces.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These are a HUGE favorite with my crowd. I was asked to include them in a dessert buffet that I catered for a wedding -- but how to make them more attractive?? I used two bags of Fritos scoops and picked out the nicely shaped ones -- I placed them rounded side down on two wax-paper covered jelly roll pans -- put the rest of the "not so perfect ones" on a third covered sheet. Bring the sugar/corn syrup to a full roiling boil but then immediately remove from the heat and add the peanut butter and stir til smooth -- drizzle over the scoops, filling each little 'cup'. Move fairly quickly, so the caramel doesn't set up. Pour the rest of the mixture over the "not so pretty" pan. Let them cool. Melt 6 oz chocolate chips in a baggie - snip a corner and drizzle over the perfect chips. You will need some more chocolate, if you want to put chocolate on the "not so perfect" pan. Chill (fridge or freezer) for a few minutes and they will snap apart. The perfect scoops will be quite attractive and the "not so perfect" pan becomes the cook's treat. The bride was ALMOST sorry she had a "regular" wedding cake -- "Coulda just gone with the Fruckies" ;-)