photo by Izy Hossack
- Ready In:
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package pillsbury plus funfetti cake mix
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 can pillsbury pink vanilla funfetti frosting
- Heat oven to 375.
- In large bowl, combine cake mix, oil and eggs; stir by hand until thoroughly moistened.
- Stir in decorator sprinkles from the cake mix.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Flatten to 1/4 inch thickness with bottom of glass dipped in flour.
- Bake at 375 for 6 to 8 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets.
- Spread frosting over slightly warm cookies.
- Immediately sprinkle each with decorator sprinkles from frosting.
- Store in tightly covered container.
Pretty easy cookie to make, and they were enjoyed by my whole family. I made 1/2 batch of cream cheese frosting to put on them (1/2 stick butter, 1/2 package cream cheese, couple of cups of powdered sugar and 1/2 t vanilla).<br/>I also only had yellow cake mix, so I used it and put sprinkles in the dough. My kids were delighted to have them as an after school snack!
I just made these tonight and used a homemade cake mix "Homemade Yellow Cake Mix (Subtitute 18.25oz Betty Crocker Box)" from second2none. It worked beautifully. I also made the shortening based frosting from a different recipe and i made a mistake a didn't add enough powdered sugar but the cookie itself is great and the frosting too, just a bit more sweet.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live in the Kansas City area and have many hobbies including cooking, reading and spending time with my husband and two children who are very active in sports now. I also have an eBay business which is a fun hobby that makes a little extra money! My interest in cooking focuses on making healthy dishes that are more satisfying than the higher fat and higher sugar versions. If I had a month off with no responsibilities, I would spend it at a luxury spa. <br /> <br /></p>