photo by CookinDiva
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 30mins
- 1 (48 ounce) can pork and beans, Do not drain
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can butter beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, drained
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1 onion, medium, chopped (1 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard, prepared
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Cook bacon, saving 1 T. Bacon fat. Crumble bacon; set aside.
- In reserved bacon fat, sauté diced onion about 5 minutes over low-medium heat until softened.
- Drain and rinse all beans except Pork and Beans, which are used along with their liquid. In a large bowl, gently mix beans and all remaining ingredients. There should be plenty of liquid - you can add 1/4 cup more cider vinegar if needed.
- Pour into a deep casserole, sprayed with Pam.
- Bake 350 for 2 hours, uncovered.
- Alternatively, make a double batch in a crockpot and cook on low 6 hours.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!