- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 -3 cups cooked chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 -2 cup cooked white rice
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 potato, diced (yukon gold or red)
- cayenne pepper
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Saute onion, peppers and celery for 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and sautee 1 more minute.
- Pour in diced tomatoes, chicken broth and potatoes. Stir, bring to a low boil, then reduce heat and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add chicken, rice, cayenne pepper (the amount you use depends on your family's tolerance for spicy food - I usually give about 4 dashes), salt & pepper and sugar.
- Let cook for another 20-30 minutes to bring flavors together. Enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Really love food - eating it, cooking it, reading about it. I have 3 little boys who I love to pieces and only sometimes want to hide from. Other things that make me happy: sunshine, the smell of freshly mown grass, horseback riding, New York City on the first warm day of spring (everyone is smiling), bergamot, long walks, fresh flowers, summer nights, crossword puzzles, Pearl Jam, history books, footsie pajamas, sunscreen that smells like vacation, anything reminiscent of Audrey Hepburn, peace and quiet. Dislikes: misspelled words on signs and menus, math, whining, being barefoot indoors, feeling cold, the squeaky feeling of glassware when it comes out of the dishwasher, the sound of teeth biting down on an ice cube, and sportscenter. </p>