Fudgy Oatmeal Brownies
I love using oatmeal instead of white flour. It is a whole grain and adds moist chewiness to baked goods as well as being good for you. These easy brownies are super-easy to make.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup quick oatmeal
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 and butter an 8 x 8 pan.
- Melt butter in a glass bowl in the microwave.
- Meanwhile, process oatmeal in a food processor or clean coffee grinder for a few moments till it is more flour-like.
- Add the cocoa to the melted butter and mix well.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Stir in the egg.
- Stir in the oat flour and vanilla.
- The batter will be rather stiff. Spread it evenly in the buttered pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I normally do not write reviews, but this is an exception. I added 1/4 tsp. baking powder, 1/4 c. each mini choc chips and chopped walnuts. Will reduce salt and sugar next time. I love the fudgy goodness and the chew of these brownies. I have tried many gluten free brownie recipes but I no longer have to search...this IS the one. Chill these brownies in the frig for easier cutting. Thanks for posting!!!
Really like the texture on these. Fudgy and chewy. Plus really simple to make. And I love the fact that it has oatmeal in it. Next time I may throw in some nuts or chocolate chips. I also used a mix of brown and regular sugar. They seemed a wee bit flat to me, but not so bad. I may also try adding a bit of baking powder next time, but its definitely not a must. Over all a great recipe and I'm happy with the result. Will be making this again!