Fudgy Mocha-Toffee Brownies
photo by Debbwl
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup toffee pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Coat bottom and sides of 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. (I don't have a 9-inch baking dish, I used an 8X8 glass dish, and it worked for us since we like our brownies a little wet, we think it's more decadent that way!).
- Combine coffee and hot water and stir until coffee is dissolved.
- Combine butter and chocolate chips in microwaveable dish and heat on high for 1 minute until butter melts, then stir until this mixture is smooth.
- Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, and salt in large bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Combine coffee mixture, butter mixture, vanilla and eggs in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Add coffee mixture with flour mixture; stir just until combined.
- Spread evenly into prepared pan. Sprinkle evenly with toffee chips.
- Bake at 350F for 22 minutes, cool on wire rack. Cut into squares when competely cooled. We like to refrigerate them before cutting.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I am going to have to give you 5 stars for this one. Excellent brownies!!! I did do a couple of things different I used milk chocolate chips and whole wheat flour. I also ended up baking mine for 31 minutes, which turned out to be to long as they got kind of cakey. Next time I will have to follow the recipe and bake them for the time stated 22 minutes. I just always poke mine with a toothpick and if it sticks they are not done, but I think this recipe is meant to fudgy as the title states. We will be making these again. Thanks for the recipe.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
One of the old time founding members of Recipezaar. I live in Port Orchard, Washington. I LOVE to cook and bake nearly everything! I HATE to see people join the site, have no published recipes, but rag on another cook in a review on a recipe they haven't even tried or didn't follow. Oh, and I hate cilantro, too. :)