Fudgy Chocolate Dessert
photo by katew
- Ready In:
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin
- 3 cups nonfat milk, cold
- 2 (1 1/2 ounce) packages sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) carton whipped topping
- 1⁄4 cup hot fudge topping (as for ice cream)
- 1⁄4 cup caramel topping (as for ice cream)
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F, & spray 13"x9" glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine cake mix & pumpkin, then spread evenly into baking dish.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- In large bowl, whisk milk & pudding mixes for 2 minutes, then let stand 5 minutes or until soft-set.
- In small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add pudding & beat until well blended.
- Spread over cake, then cover & refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Before serving, spread whipped topping over dessert.
- Drizzle with fudge & caramel toppings, & sprinkle with almonds.
- Refrigerate left-overs, if there are any!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Okay, decadent really is NOT a strong enough word for what this dessert is. Hmmm. I need to dig out my thesaurus. My DD was beside herself waiting for this thing to "arrive" at the peak of edibility! A couple of changes: one pint home-made canned pumpkin, 1 1/2 pkgs of regular, instant pudding (will use the other half in Recipe #169195), skipped the hot fudge topping (will add it for the second half--we DID have leftovers after all!), used Recipe #176729--TDF!!! and left the almonds off. *KEEPER!*
Oh my, words cannot describe how utterly fabulous, decadent, wonderful this dessert is. Followed recipe exactly, drizzling the hot fudge & caramel sauce on top, but left jars out so guests could add more, which several did. All loved it and wanted more despite already being full from thanksgiving dinner. Was not a heavy dessert due to using low fat cream cheese, skim milk, sugar free pudding & lite cool whip. Cannot wait to make again!