Fudgy Chocolate Biscotti
- Ready In:
- 125 g butter, chopped
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup blanched almond
- 1⁄2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Beat butter and sugar in a small bowl with electric beaters until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and beat until combined.
- Transfer to a large bowl and stir in the sifted flour, bicarb soda and cocoa.
- Stir then add nuts and chocolate and mix in to a smooth dough.
- Divide dough in half and roll each half into a 30cm log shape.
- Place onto a greased oven tray.
- Cook in 180 degree C oven for about 30 minutes.
- Cool on tray.
- Using a serrated knife, cut biscotti diagonally into 1 cm thick slices.
- Place slices in a single layer onto baking paper lined oven trays.
- Cook at 150 degrees C for 15 minutes or until biscotti are crisp around the edges but sligtly soft in the centre.
- Cool on trays and serve with fresh brewed coffee.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I have a passion for healthy and simple dishes with lots of vegetables, although I love a treat every now and again also, especially ice cream!