The texture is very chewy rather than cake-like. The almond and chocolate flavors blend well. Nowadays I melt the chocolate & butter in the microwave.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup soft butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Cream 1/2 cup of the butter with the sugar.
- Add the eggs and beat until light.
- Stir in the vanilla and almond extract.
- Melt the rest of the butter with the chocolate in the top of a double boiler; cool and beat into the first mixture.
- Add the flour and salt and mix well.
- Pour batter into a greased, floured 13 X 9 inch pan and bake 45 minutes.
- Cool in the pan and cut into 42 squares by making 5 slices across and 6 slices lengthwise.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I've finally found the fudgy and dense brownies that i'v been looking for.Tid changes in the instruction by melting chocolate and all butter.Gradually stirring in the rest of the ingredients,flour being last.It had a strong almond taste i'm not used too. Next time i'll omit this for more chocolatey taste. Only bake them 33min instead of 45.Few moist crumbs clinging & came out perfect. I chilled them before cutting UPDATE: i made this again the 2nd time, i omit the almond extract, and reduce the sugar to 1 3/4 and i was surprised that they weren't as fudgy as using 2 c of sugar. But when i put them in the refrigarator, they turned out fudgy