Fudge Pudding Cake for the Slow-Cooker
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 15mins
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups boiling water
- Note: Crock pot times vary greatly. The cooking time is correct for my crock pot but may not be correct for yours. Watch cake closely the first time you use the recipe to get the right cooking length for your your particular crock pot. This recipe was written for a 4 quart crockpot. If different size is used, that will also impact the cooking time.
- Spray the crock-pot with baking spray.
- Mix 1 cup brown sugar, flour, 3 tablespoons cocoa, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl. Stir in milk, margarine and vanilla. Spoon batter into bottom of crock pot (dough is very thick).
- In another bowl, mix together 3/4 cup brown sugar and 1/4 cup cocoa. Sprinkle evenly over batter. Do not stir.
- Pour boiling water over the top. Do not stir. Cover and cook on high for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until the cake pulls away from the sides of the crock-pot (pudding will be bubbling through).
- Serve immediately with ice cream or whipped topping if desired. Or let set for 10 minutes and then invert onto a plate. Spoon pudding left in the pot over the cake.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I've only just eaten this but I wanted to jump on and rate it before I forgot. I am so glad I made this pudding! When I cut into and lifted the pudding with the serving spoon and saw the beautiful rich fudgy sauce flow out from underneath I got excited. It's the perfect chocolate pudding and you don't get any dryness around the top or edges like can sometimes happen with a pudding baked in the oven. This will be how I make my puddings from now on :)
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I love to cook!</p>