Fudge Lover's Cream Cheese Cake
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 (18 ounce) box betty crocker supermoist yellow cake mix or (18 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 1 (3 7/8 ounce) box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup hot water
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts, if desired
- 1 (1 lb) container betty crocker rich & creamy vanilla or (1 lb) container chocolate frosting
- Heat oven to 350°F (or 325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Spray bottom only of 13x9-inch pan with baking spray with flour.
- In large bowl, beat cake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Pour into pan.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and 1 egg on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Stir in chocolate chips. Spoon filling by tablespoonfuls evenly over top of batter. Using table knife, swirl filling through batter. Sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Spread frosting over cake. Store covered in refrigerator.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!