Fruited Pork Roast/Crock Pot
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 15mins
- 3 lbs pork loin
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can apricots
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dried apricot
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 potatoes, cubed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Place potatoes in bottom of crock pot.
- Place seasoned roast on top of potatoes. (Seasoned with salt and pepper).
- Blend the rest of the ingredients and add to crock pot.
- Cook on low 5 1/2 to 6 1/2 hours.
- Pour 2 cups of liquid in sauce pan. Mix together 2 tbsp water and 2 tbsp corn starch. Add to liquid. Heat until thickened.
- Serve with roast and potatoes!
Join The Conversation
This is a great, easy, and delicious roast. The flavor starts out on the sweet side until the cayanne kicks in...wow!!! My poor DH was taste challenged on this one...lol, as were our guests. In the end they all raved. Next time I make this though I will be cutting the cayanne down to 1/4 tsp instead, as it was a bit too much for my tummy during the night. Thank You for sharing this recipe.