Fruited Lowfat Oatmeal Bars
photo by CookinDiva
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup banana, ripe, mashed (measure after mashing)
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1 cup flour (can use half whole-wheat if desired)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or cinnamon, if that's what you have in the pantry)
- 2⁄3 cup dried fruit (raisins, cranberries, cherries, etc.)
- optional - 1/4 c. pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325. Spray 7x11 or 9x9 pan with non-stick spray.
- Mix wet ingredients (first 5 in list).
- Mix dry ingredients (oatmeal through spice) in a large bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, adding in remaining fruits and optional nuts as you gently mix everything together.
- Pat into prepared baking pan.
- Bake 325 for 22-24 minutes for a glass pan. Note - Aluminum pans may take a bit longer than the time listed for a glass pan.
- Makes 18 squares (9x9 pan makes 16 squares).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I caught the review for this yesterday and thought these sounded great...yep, they are! Really yummy and quick to make. I used raisins and left out the nuts as the kids don't like nuts. I did do half whole wheat flour and half white flour as you indicated too and the texture was nice. I also changed to sugar to 1/4 C splenda and 1/4C sugar too with great results. Thanks for posting this, I will make it often.