This is from Sanitarium, a great alternative to jam, a sweet spread that contains no sugar.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup extra large dried apricot, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pitted dates, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Place dried apricots, dates, water and vanilla essence in a small saucepan. Heat over a moderately low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place fruit mixture in the bowl of a food processor and blend until smooth. Cover and refrigerate until required.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was quite good. I used about 2/3 cup honey dates and 1/3 cup dried apricots, because I love dates. The spread was creamy and smooth, but I would add less water next time to make it thicker. It's a great recipe and would be fun to experiment with other fruits and flavorings too. The spread is healthy and tasty, and I'll definitely make this again. Thanks for the post.Reply