Fruit Salsa With Pineapple and Mango
photo by Baby Kato
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups pineapple
- 1 1⁄2 cups mangoes
- 1⁄2 medium onion (sliced)
- 2 tomatoes (sliced)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper (seeded)
- 1⁄3 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Toss pineapple, mango, onion, tomatoes, garlic, and jalapenos with olive oil and salt.
- Put into a grill basket or on the grill.
- Cook on medium heat for two minutes on each side then remove from heat to cool.
- Finely mince garlic and jalapeno and roughly chop everything else.
- Mix all remaining ingredients with grilled ingredients and chill for an hour or two before serving if possible to let the flavors mingle.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
What a great recipe! I served the Fruit Salsa with grilled tuna...couldn't have been better. I found that it keeps well in the 'fridge if you hide it good enough! Update, I tried this recipe using Nectarines instead of mangos (couldn't find ripe mangos, but wanted to make the recipe) I was very happy with the results and have been thinking of other combinations I might try.