Fruit Salad With Vanilla Dressing
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 granny smith apple, cored and diced
- 1 cup seedless grapes, halved
- 1 pear, peeled, cored and diced
- 10 -12 medium size strawberries, halved
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together the yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, honey, vanilla extract and salt. Season with pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- Place all of the fruit and the nuts into a large mixing bowl and toss to combine. Add the dressing, toss and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
At first, this dressing seems overly tart from the yogurt, but after the leftover salad has been chilled, it is much better. As for the fruit, I omitted the mango because I do not like it, and I forgot the banana. I seem to like it better than the rest of my family, so I'm not sure if I'll make it again. I do appreciate your posting it, and I recommend it for people who like tart dressings.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My name is Ashley... I have a daughter who is 14 months old and a loving fiance. I'm here to improve my cooking skills, as I can barely manage dinner sometimes! I love to bake, though. Someday, I'll be able to cook every recipe I've saved from here... which is over a thousand. Most recipes I put up are one's I find from books or online; some are for me to remember later on. ***If you really loved a recipe, plan to make it again, and had no complaints... DON'T GIVE IT JUST 4 STARS! Give the recipe its deserved 5 stars.**** With that in mind, if you're going to post a picture of the finished meal/food you just reviewed, at least make it look appealing with better lighting! I've seen some horrible pictures that turned me away completely from making something on here, even though I'm sure the food tastes great.