Fruit Salad With Easy Crème Fraiche
photo by mk10pl
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 thin slices peeled fresh gingerroot
- 1 small sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 cups raspberries
- 2 peaches, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 nectarines, cut into wedges
- 2 apricots, cut into wedges
- In small saucepan, combine water, sugar, cinnamon, ginger and rosemary. Bring to boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 3 minutes. Strain syrup into a bowl, discarding cinnamon, ginger and rosemary. Stir in vanilla, let cool.
- In medium bowl, stir together sour cream, brown sugar and salt; stir in whipping cream.
- In serving bowl, gently combine together cooled syrup, blueberries, raspberries, peaches, nectarines and apricots. Serve topped with dollop of crème fraiche.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!