photo by Yia Yia
- Ready In:
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) can mandarin orange sections, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 8 -10 fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 kiwi fruits, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add egg, vanilla and milk.
- Beat until well blended.
- Combine flour and baking powder.
- Add dry ingredients to better mixture and blend well.
- Spread out into a 14 inch pizza pan and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Combine the glaze ingredients with 1 cup of water in a saucepan.
- Boil until thickened then refrigerate until cool.
- Whip together the confectioners' sugar and cream cheese to form the cream layer.
- Spread over the baked crust.
- Place sliced bananas on top of the cream layer. Cover completely with the cooled glaze to prevent the banas from turning brown.
- Add the remaining fruit evenly over the glaze and enjoy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Perfect and easy! I made 2 one w/ store bought Pillsbury cookie dough and one w/ this homemade crust for a birthday at my husbands work. Both were devoured! I do NOT put the glaze on either of them, it doesn't need it! The Pillsbury refrigerated cookie dough was much sweeter maybe greasier too? The homemade dough was a little easier to push into a giant circle and puffed up higher and was flakier. both were wonderful I might consider adding a tiny bit more sugar to the homemade since that was the only thing some might like more about Pillsbury. We omitted the bananas I love them but a lot of people don't and then I don't have to worry about their looks. We use fresh: strawberries, blueberries and kiwi those 3 are a must, I also added canned mandarin oranges because they are awesome. Those 4 fruits are all you need, all bright colors and they look and taste awesome! Thanks for a homemade crust I will use again much cheaper than buying store bought cookie dough! ps I think the title of this recipe should mention homemade cookie dough crust since they others have you buy cookie dough. I think more would quickly pick this recipe, that is what I was searching for.
This was so pretty! It's tasty, too. I did have a teeny problem with the glaze, as the amounts called for made way too much for my pizza (I measured the "crust" and got 14"). And, the directions don't say to refrigerate the completed pizza, but I did because I had a little glaze run-off. None of that affected the sweet and fruity taste, though! I made ours without berries :( due to GI horrors, but this would be even more stunning with the berries. Worth the little bit of effort - my guys loved it! Thanks! Made and photographed for Photo Tag 2007.
Quite attractive and very yummy! The glaze gives a bit of rosy color and just enough sweetness. The kids went nuts for this! The only problem I had was my own doing. I didn't allow enough time for the glaze to chill so it ended up running. Definitely didn't affect the flavor, though. Thanks for a great recipe!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I was one of the original members of Recipezaar that was truly a community of individuals that enjoyed each other in forums and chat rooms. I've been a member of this site since 2003. Made some tremendous friends that I still think of often. I'll continue coming here because my recipes are here and so many more that I tried over the years as a member. It's just a tad boring now and just another recipe site like all the rest. Sad.