Fruit Crumb Bars
photo by Greeny4444
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, melted
- 1 (21 ounce) can pie filling, any flavor of choice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together flour, oats, brown sugar, and baking soda.
- Stir in melted butter until combined. Set 2 cups of the mixture aside for topping.
- Press the remaining mixture into the bottom of an ungreased, foil-lined 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 12 minutes.
- Cut large pieces of fruit in pie filling so they are smaller. Carefully spread pie filling on top of baked crust.
- Sprinkle the reserved topping mixture over the pie filling, and gently pat the mixture into the filling.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes more (I usually only do 21 minutes) or until the top is golden.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack. When cool, cut into bars.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am an active lady, and I am not the top chef in the world, but I can hold my own. I love making things that remind me of when I was little, I love trying out new recipes, and I love learning new things to cook. Most of the recipes I post are recipes I loved that I found online, but that I have tweaked just a bit. I do have some family recipes on here too. I love to bake, probably more than anything else in the kitchen. I love to bike ride. I like to read, travel, kayak (I've only been twice, but I loved it), hike, camp, basically any outdoorsy/active stuff.?