Fruit Compote Muffins
photo by Slocan cook
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup dried fruit
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit.
- In a small saucepan add 1/2 cup of water to dried fruit and cook until nice and tender then set aside.
- In a blender or food processor pulse fruit mixture until nicely blended together to form a compote mixture.
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium size bowl and put aside.
- In a large mixing bowl put milk, eggs and oil together and whisk until nice and smooth.
- Put the softened fruit in the egg mixture and stir until well blended.
- Add the chopped walnuts and mix until they are well coated in batter.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full and put in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to serving plate.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am a single male who likes to cook and bake different foods and desserts for my main meals of the week. I like to be creative in my cooking and enjoy eating classic old favorites with a new twist to make them more satisfying for me to eat. Every week I have new recipes that I like to try and make for the first time with amazing results every time. </p>