Fruit Cocktail Coffee Cake
This is so easy to throw together. This recipe makes good use of any extra fresh fruit that may become overripe if not used. Smells delicious while cooking and is great served warm from the oven.
- Ready In:
- 1 (16 ounce) can fruit cocktail, reserve 1/2 cup juice (or 2 cups of cut up fruit)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- chopped walnuts
- Drain fruit cocktail well, reserve 1/2 cup liquid. Beat egg and sugar.
- Sift dry ingredients, add to egg mixture, alternately with fruit liquid.
- Fold in the fruit. Pour into 9x9 greased and floured pan. Sprinkle brown sugar and nuts on top. Bake 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Serve from the pan.
- This is also good for dessert, served with whipped cream or ice cream.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Had been wanting to try this for awhile. I had all the ingredients and putting it together was quick and easy enough. It was a little sweet without the ice cream, which I didn't have, but a very nice compliment with a cup of coffee or a cold glass of milk. I will make this again. Thanks for sharing.Reply
Right you are MRSJSPANTS * this is easy and quick to prepare. I baked the cake in an 8" square dish, sprinkled the top with chopped pecans and coconut, did not add the 1/4 cup of brown sugar, the batter was sweet enough! The crunchy nuts were a great addition to this cake. The family really enjoyed the dessert, served DH's with ice cream and mine with some thick coconut yogurt, very yummy!!Reply
see 1 more