Fruit & Cheese Tarts
photo by Starrynews
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 10mins
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk (eagle brand)
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 12 prepared tart shells, baked, your favourite
- 3 tablespoons coconut, toasted
- 4 large fresh strawberries, sliced
- 12 fresh pineapple chunks
- 12 fresh blackberries
- 1⁄4 cup crab apple jelly, melted
- Beat the cream cheese till soft and creamy, gradually add in the condensed milk.
- Blend until smooth and stir in lemon juice, lemon rind, vanilla and almond extracts.
- Add a little toasted coconut to the bottom of each tart shell.
- Cover with cream cheese mixture and chill for 2 hours, until mixture has set.
- Before serving add a strawberry slice, pineapple chunk and a large blackberry to each tart.
- Brush lightly with melted crab apple jelly.
- Any leftovers must be refrigerated.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I'm not usually big on the small, individual servings [unless the slab is cut into bars!], but decided to take on these tarts! Glad I did, 'cause the making of them was a fun time, & the eating of them was A REALLY FUN TIME! I was afraid I wouldn't find the fresh ingredients called for, but the weekly local Farmers' Market came through yet again! I even shared them with several neighbors [who think I'm unusual [or crazy!] for doing so much shared cooking! Thanks yet again for a great recipe!