Fruit and Nut Breakfast Bread
This is really easy, I got the recipe from a Pillsbury Cook Book. Perfect for a Brunch. They say it serves 10...but...make it and see how many it serves at your house!!
- Ready In:
- 1 (11 ounce) can French bread, loaf crusty
- 1 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dates, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, slivered
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 -2 teaspoon milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. Carefully unroll dough onto cookie sheet. Sprinkle with apricots, dates and almonds evenly over dough. Starting with long side, roll up; seal edges. Fold ends under; seal.
- Bake 26 to 30 minutes or until deep golden brown. Immediately remove loaf from cookie sheet; place on serving plate or cutting board. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, blend powdered sugar and enough milk for desired drizzling consistency (I added just a little splash of almond extract!) stir until smooth.
- Drizzle icing over slightly cooled loaf. To serve, cut diagonally into slices with serrated knife.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I doubled the recipe and shaped the 2 loaves into wreath form on a large pizza pan. It baked to perfection in 30 minutes. After glazing (and I added the almond extract, nice touch) I decorated it with a few candied cherry halves. Easy, pretty, and very tasty. Homemade taste without the fuss. Made for 1st Annual Holiday Tag Game. Thanks Katie, this one's a keeper!1Reply