Fruit and Cheese Bites
photo by CHEFDLH
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup shredded reduced-calorie cheddar cheese, at room temperature
- 4 ounces light cream cheese
- 4 drops hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco)
- 1⁄2 cup dried apple, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dried pineapple, chopped (such as Sunsweet Philippine Pineapple)
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- chop up the fruits and the nuts.
- Beat together cheddar cheese, cream cheese and hot pepper sauce in a small bowl until blended, about 1 minute.
- Stir in dried apple, apricot and pineapple with a wooden spoon. Using a tablespoon, form mixture into balls, then roll between palms. Coat balls in chopped nuts. Makes 18 (recipe can be doubled).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a busy mom both with stuff at home and my work. My kids and husband love to try new creations so they are right at home with my love of recipes. It is fun to make something and try several different ways at it. I love to try different enchilada recipes, recipes for various ice teas, and anything that gets food on the table on the weeknights. Restaurant recipes for the weekends are another favorite.