Frozen Watermelon Margaritas
photo by Baby Kato
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 4 cups watermelon, seedless, 1-inch chunks
- 4 lime wedges
- kosher salt, on a small plate
- 3⁄4 cup triple citrus tequila or 3/4 cup any good-quality tequila
- 1⁄2 cup triple sec
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lime juice
- Place the melon chunks in a plastic bag, and freeze until solid.
- Run the lime wedge around the rim of a large stemmed cocktail glass. Dip the moistened rim in salt. Set the lime wedge and glass aside. Repeat with the remaining wedges and 3 more glasses.
- Transfer about 3/4 of the melon chunks, separating them, to a blender. Add the tequila, triple sec, and lime juice, and blend until fairly smooth. Divide the cocktail mixture among the prepared glasses. Squeeze a lime wedge into each cocktail, drop the wedge into the glass and serve immediately.
- TEQUILA TIP:.
- For an extra touch of color and flavor, mix 2 teaspoons finely minced lime zest (colored peel) into the salt before rimming the glass.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Wonderful Fresh and Fruity! Be sure when preparing this drink that you allow ample freeze time for your watermelon. I put mine in the freezer for a couple hours, which was not enough time to make a slushy frozen drink. However, served on the rocks still makes for a great margarita! ;) Great flavor made with great tasting watermelon! Thanks for another great recipe, Lazyme!