Frozen Pineapple Dream
A creamy & refreshing summertime dessert you are sure to enjoy! It would be lovely served at a bridal shower. Individual servings are very pretty presented with whipped cream and a little pineapple ice cream topping. While creating this RSC #12 Contest entry, my objective was to come up with something like an orange creamsicle only made with the combination of pineapple and vanilla flavors. Frozen Pineapple Dream was the deliciously addicting result. I kept this dessert tightly covered in the freezer and ready to serve at a moment's notice. That way we had many opportunities to enjoy the recipe!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 58mins
- 9 graham crackers (1 cellophane sleeve or 5.33 ounces)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (half Splenda & half sugar may be used)
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin (1 envelope)
- 1⁄2 cup mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 3 cups pineapple sherbet, slightly softened
- 5 -6 drops yellow food coloring
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip Lite, thawed
- optional pineapple topping (optional)
- additional whipped cream (optional)
- Crush graham crackers into 1 1/3 cups crumbs and combine them with sugar & butter.
- Press evenly across bottom of a 9x13" glass baking dish.
- Bake graham crust at 350°F for 8 minutes then set aside to cool.
- Drain pineapple and reserve the juice.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, sprinkle gelatin powder over pineapple juice and allow to stand for 2 minutes until dissolved, then microwave for 30 seconds, stir, and let stand another 2 minutes until slightly thickened, then stir back into the pineapple.
- In a large bowl, cream together mascarpone cheese & Splenda until smooth and fold into pineapple.
- Add sherbet & food coloring to pineapple and stir until evenly mixed (You may place mixture into the freezer for a few minutes if it seems too thin - My sherbet was too soft and so I put my pineapple/sherbet mixture in the freezer for about 15 minutes at this point until it was just about as thick as the whipped topping).
- Gently fold in whipped topping and pour evenly over cooled graham crust.
- Cover and freeze for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until you are ready for dessert.
- Remove from freezer 5-10 minutes in advance of cutting into individual squares which may be decorated with optional pineapple ice cream topping and additional whipped cream.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
What a great dessert treat! Four of us managed to eat through half of it before I tucked the rest away in several serving packets in the freezer! We enjoyed it without additional topping, but another time I'm ready to use some (hopefully homemade) pineapple sauce on it! Thanks for sharing this great recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick A Chef]