Frozen Lemon Dessert
- Ready In:
- Lightly grease an 8" pan.
- Melt butter and add graham wafer crumbs.
- Mix and press most of the crumbs in the bottom of the pan reserving a couple of tablespoons for later.
- Combine in a sauce pan a 1/2 cup sugar, 2 egg yolks and lemon juice.
- Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until thickened. Add a tablespoon of lemon zest (optional but great).
- Beat 2 egg whites to form stiff peaks.
- Gradually add 1/4 cup sugar and beat until stiff.
- Fold meringue into cooled custard together with 1 1/4 cups of whipping cream whipped.
- Turn into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle reserved crumbs and freeze until firm.
- Serve frozen.
- Keeps well in freezer.
Deliciously light and lemony, a refreshing dessert for summer entertaining. Not only delicious but a make ahead! I already have an extra in my freezer for unexpected guests. It's so nice to be able to bring out a prepared dessert to share with family and friends. Thank you Darlene10,I've added another of your fab desserts to my keeper file!