Frozen Creamsicle Cake
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 15mins
- 16 reduced-fat vanilla wafers, finely ground in a food processor
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh orange zest
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 cup orange sorbet, slightly softened
- 1 cup non-fat vanilla frozen yogurt (try coffee flavored frozen yogurt for a truly unique twist!)
- finely julienned fresh orange zest, to garnish
- Line loaf pan with a double layer of plastic wrap, allowing a few inches of overhang along sides.
- Stir together cookie crumbs, zest, butter, and corn syrup in a small bowl, then press into bottom of loaf pan.
- Spread sorbet evenly over crumb crust and freeze 30 minutes to harden.
- While sorbet is freezing, slightly soften frozen yogurt.
- Spread evenly over sorbet and freeze, covered with plastic wrap, until firm, at least 2 hours.
- Using plastic wrap as an aid, lift frozen cake out of pan, then peel off plastic.
- Let stand 5 minutes to soften, then cut crosswise into 4 slices.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I posted a slight variant on this recipe (used double layers for a higher presentation), but absolutely loved it! Nice n' light for summer, and elegant enough to serve to a dinner club crowd. I would like to note that some thought the crust a bit odd and chewey, and I think a vanilla wafer crumb crust could work very nicely in this.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
bok bok, bok bok bok bok.