Frosted Banana Bars
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This recipe is from Lion House Lite Recipe Book and is so yummy! Be sure to allow the bars to totally cool before frosting!
- Ready In:
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 egg whites
- 3⁄4 cup mashed banana (about 2)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 1⁄4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Spray 9x9" pan.
- Beat sugar, sour cream, butter, and egg whites in large bowl for 1 minute on low speed, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Beat in bananas and vanilla on low speed for 30 seconds.
- Beat in flour, salt, and baking soda for 1 minute.
- Stir in walnuts (if desired) until well blended.
- Spread in pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until light brown.
- Cool completely.
- For frosting, combine sugar, butter, vanilla, and milk until well blended and desired consistency.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation