photo by Philadelphia Cream
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 lb fresh asparagus, trimmed, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1⁄3 cup chopped red pepper
- 8 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces Philadelphia Cream Cheese (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.)
- HEAT oven to 350°F.
- COOK and stir vegetables in 10-inch ovenproof skillet on medium-high heat 3 minute or until crisp-tender.
- BEAT eggs, water and salt in medium bowl with whisk until well blended. Sprinkle cream cheese over vegetables in skillet; cover with egg mixture and vegetables.
- BAKE 30 minute or until frittata is puffed and golden brown.
- Variation: If you don't have an ovenproof skillet, cook vegetables in regular skillet as directed. Beat eggs, water and salt in medium bowl with whisk until well blended. Add vegetables and cream cheese; mix well. Pour into 9-inch pie plate sprayed with cooking spray. Bake as directed.
- Creative Leftovers: A frittata is a great way to use up leftover vegetables and cheeses in your refrigerator. Cut soft cheese into small cubes or shred hard cheeses before mixing with other filling ingredients before pouring into prepared pie plate. Be creative and unafraid to try something new!
- Passover Celebrations: To prepare this recipe for Passover, select food products that are kosher for Passover as needed. Consult with your rabbi if you have any questions.
- Nutrition Information Per Serving: 130 calories, 10g total fat, 4.5g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 230mg cholesterol, 270mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate, less than 1g dietary fiber, 1g sugars, 8g protein, 15%DV vitamin A, 10%DV vitamin C, 4%DV calcium, 8%DV iron.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!