Frijoles Refritos II (Refried Beans)
A great way to beat the heat of hot food. Edge dish with chopped tomatoes and serve sour cream on the side.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups canned pinto beans
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin (optional)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese or 1/2 cup romano cheese
- Wash and drain beans.
- Place in a bowl and mash.
- Add spices and work them in.
- (I use my hands).
- In a small fry pan, (medium heat) 3 tbls, of olive oil.
- Add beans, stir and warm through.
- Press bean down and lower heat.
- Let beans brown on the bottom for 3-4 minutes.
- Do not stir.
- Loosen edges with spatula and turn upsidedown on a heated platter.
- Don't worry if it doesn't come out in one piece, just glop it back together.
- Drizzle with remaining olive oil and cover with Parmesan cheese.
- Serve hot or cold.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION