Fries and Beef Casserole
photo by truebrit
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (32 ounce) package frozen crinkle-cut French fries, thawed
- 2 cups frozen peas or 2 cups corn, thawed
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- salt and pepper
- In a skillet, cook the beef and onion until beef loses its pinkness, then drain.
- Grease a 13" x 9" x 2" baking pan, and layer half of the French fries, peas or corn, and meat.
- Repeat the layers.
- In a medium bowl, combine the soup, water, ketchup, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Pour over casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350F for 30-40 minutes, or until hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
My family did not enjoy this dish. The children ate a few bites and opted for PB&J and the Husband and I found it to be OK but not great. I won't be making it again. It didn't have a great deal of flavor and the mixing of the foods was unapealing to the kids. I think adding cheese would be a great idea and be generous with the salt and pepper. It is worth a try.