Fried Zucchini With Tzatziki
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Conjure up a taste of Greece with this simple recipe for pan-fried zucchini served with refreshing tzatziki. Time does not include chilling.
- Ready In:
- extra virgin olive oil, for shallow-frying
- 1 lb zucchini, sliced into rounds
- salt and pepper
For the tzatziki
- 1⁄2 cucumber, peeled and finely diced
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- salt and black pepper
- 5 1⁄2 ounces Greek yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons mint, chopped
- First make the tzatziki. Place the cucumber in a colander. Drizzle over the vinegar and sprinkle with salt. Stand over a plate and leave to drain for 1 hour. Pat dry with kitchen paper or on a clean tea-towel.
- Mix the cucumber with the yogurt, garlic, mint and freshly ground pepper, then taste and add more salt if it needs it. Chill until required.
- Just before serving the tzatziki, fry the zucchini. Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan.
- Add the sliced zucchini and fry over brisk heat until golden-brown on both sides.
- Drain on kitchen paper, season with salt and serve at once with the tzatziki.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is simply put - FABULOUS! How simple and delicious and just plain good! I used home grown zukes - the first of the season. Couldn't help adding a sweet onion in there but otherwise made as posted. A delicious side dish. Made for ZWT6 by a Looney Spoon Phoodie. I'll be making them again - SOON!Reply