Fried Sugar Cookies
photo by marisk
- Ready In:
- Sift flour and baking powder together.
- Add sugar, salt, egg and milk. Blend to make a smooth dough.
- Roll out and cut into 1/2"X1/4"X1" strips. (sprinkle with a little flour if difficult to cut).
- Heat oil in deep skillet 1/3 full to 330 degrees F.
- Fry dough pieces, adding one at a time, making sure they don't stick together. Remove from oil when and drain on paper towel when evenly browned.
- To make the icing, heat the sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium heat, constantly stirring until it thickens. If a small drop immersed in water hardens, it is ready.
- Add fried dough pieces to syrup and gently stir to coat all pieces evenly.
- Place cookies on cookie sheet covered with parchment paper and allow to cool and set.
- Place in ziplock type bag or other container once coating dries and hardens.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Aloha! I just recently started spending more time in the kitchen and am learning that cooking and baking can be fun as well as challenging. My favorite cookbook resources are my 'gourmet' sister and the very patient and generous Ohana of Zaar. Mahalo nui loa! <br /><br />My rating system: The first time I try a recipe, I follow the instructions as given; if I do a little tweaking, I keep that in mind when rating. It's not right to rate lower because of something I did or didn't do. <br />***** ... Excellent! Tasted great with/without tweaking. <br />**** ... Loved It! Tasted great with/without tweaking. <br />No stars ... May be an excellent recipe but I was unable to get it to work for me. May or may not try again later. We don't all have the same taste preferences. I've found recipes with lots of five stars that just didn't work for me and some with less that I thought were great. <br />Thank you All for sharing!</p>