Fried Shoestring Carrots
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A fun snack as an alternative to french fries. Good served hot with ranch-style dressing as a dipping sauce.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 10 cups shredded carrots
- oil, for deep-fat frying
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, water, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper until smooth; Stir in carrots.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining salt, cayenne and pepper and set aside.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat-fryer heat oil to 375 degrees. Drop spoonfuls of carrot mixture, a few at a time, into hot oil.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently.
- Drain on paper towels; sprinkle with reserved seasoning mixture.
- Note: As a substitute for each cup of self-rising flour, place 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a measuring cup. Add all-purpose flour to measure 1 cup.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION