Fried Rice With Chinese Sausage
- Ready In:
- 2 cups cooked sushi rice (Calrose Rice, do not add seasoned vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 green onion, separate green and white parts, chop both finely
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrot
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (to taste)
- 2 eggs, whisk
- 2 ounces dried shiitake mushrooms (soaked in water and slice thinly) (optional)
- 3 Chinese sausage (sliced thinly, can substitute cooked meat of anykind or shrimp)
- 1 egg, hard boiled and sliced thinly (optional, garnish) (optional)
- Heat heavy non-stick skillet on medium high heat.
- Add olive oil and swirl around skillet to make sure the whole surface is coated with oil.
- Add chopped white part of the onion and brown lightly.
- Add black pepper.
- Add chopped onion and cook until transparent.
- Add frozen peas and carrots and cooked until heated (bright green and orange).
- Add soy sauce and mix.
- Add eggs and cook.
- Add rice and mix thoroughly.
- Add Chinese Sausage. Cook until hot.
- Serve. Garnished with slices of hard boiled eggs and green part of onion.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!