Fried Okra With Sweet Chili Sauce
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Okra, dipped in cornmeal batter, then fried until it's puffy, golden and crusty. From Food & Wine magazine. Chili sauce posted separately, recipe#144563.
- Ready In:
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 cup white cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk, plus
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 lb large okra, halved lengthwise
- sweet chili sauce (posted separately $notetemplate1$ )
- Fill a large saucepan with 2 inches of oil and heat to 350*F. In a bowl, mix the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, 1 teaspoons of salt and 1/2 teaspoons of pepper. Add the milk and eggs and whisk until smooth. Add the odra and turn to coat.
- Line a baking sheet with paper towels. Add 10 to 12 pieces of okra at a time to the hot oil and fry over moderately high heat for 2 to 3 minutes, until crisp. Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with salt. Serve immediately, with Sweet Chili Sauce. Enjoy!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION