Fried Lemon-Rosemary Tilapia
photo by loof751
- Ready In:
- 1hr 42mins
- Grate lemon rind from lemon, avoiding the pale bitter pith, into a large bowl; squeeze lemon juice into bowl.
- Stir in milk and next 3 ingredients until blended.
- Rinse fillets, and pat dry with paper towels.
- Add fillets to lemon mixture in bowl; cover and chill 1 hour.
- Place cornmeal on a large plate or in a large shallow dish.
- Turn fillets in lemon mixture until thoroughly coated; dredge in cornmeal, coating evenly.
- Cook fillets in hot oil in skillet over medium-high heat 4 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Remove from skillet.
- Garnish, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am just your average, everyday Southern girl. I love comfort food...those meals that you just CRAVE! Like chili in the Fall; Turkey Tettrazini after Thanksgiving; Chicken Tortilla soup on a cold night...HOMEMADE brownies on a rainy day....It's hard...I love great food but still want to maintain my girlish figure. So, I try to balance the week out...if we eat those comforting foods one night, we'll definitely be eating something on the light side on several other nights in the week to balance it all out. I also think presentation is so important. Put a regular old green salad in a beautiful bowl...and it just tastes better. I use by Southern Living At Home pottery ALL the time and get rave reviews on the food becasue it's so "pretty"...has nothing to do with me...it's all about the presentation! I also love to decorate my home.