Fried Fish With Moroccan Herb Sauce
photo by Sandi From CA
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne, to taste
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus
- additional oil, for frying the fish
- 1 1 lb halibut or 1 lb grouper, cut into four equal pieces
- all-purpose flour, seasoned with
- salt and pepper, for dredging the fish
- In a food processor or blender purée the coriander, the parsley, the garlic, the lemon juice, the paprika, the cumin, the cayenne, 3 tablespoons of the oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
- In a skillet heat 1 inch of the additional oil to 375°F on a deep-fat thermometer, dredge the fish in the flour, shaking off the excess, and in the oil fry it, turning it once, for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes on each side, or until it is cooked through.
- Transfer the fish to paper towels to drain, divide it between 2 plates, and drizzle the sauce over it.
FANTASTIC sauce, which is the only thing I made here, thus the lack of rating. The sauce gets a 10! I admit to omitting the cayenne and I was forced to use dried parsley, but it was still just awesome. I served it on crispy tilapia (#47391) with Indonesian Spiced Rice (#14639) and easy moroccan carrots (#71033). Thanks for a royal keeper! .........Ok, I finally made the fish AND the sauce. YES MA'AM!! It turned out wonderfully even though I was doing the proverbial running/chicken/head thing in the kitchen, which is what I do when I cook more than two new dishes in one night. Served with <a href="/114513">Curried Tomatoes</a> and <a href="/14530">Green Onion Pancakes</a> (I know, strange combination, but I'm kinda known for that) and it ROCKED. Thank you once again, Deborah!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi all - I have been member of Recipezaar for a while now. I work as an executive assistant. I love to read - read everything, but scifi/fantasy is a particular favorite. Am actually a pretty easily amused and satisfied soul....am pretty much happy all the time.