Fried Fish Tacos
photo by Chef Gorete
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs cod, loins or 2 lbs basa fillets
- 3 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- salt and pepper, to taste
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 16 soft corn tortillas or 16 flour tortillas
- 1 (14 ounce) bag Coleslaw
- 2 avocados, sliced (optional)
- 1 tomatoes, sliced (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup jalapeno dip or 1/2 cup chipotle mayonnaise
- Fill a large deep frying pan about 1/3 full of vegetable oil. Heat to 375°F.
- Place the breadcrumbs in a dish. In a separate dish, beat the eggs with salt and pepper and the water.
- Cut each fish fillet into 4 equal pieces , then season with salt and pepper. Dip the fish into the eggs, then into the panko bread crumbs. Place on a tray lined with paper towels and let rest for 15 minutes to allow the breading to set.
- Cook the fish a few pieces at a time until golden brown and cooked through, about 5 - 7 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- To warm the tortillas, heat a dry frying pan over medium heat and warm the tortillas in the pan until it softens and is hot, about 30 seconds.
- Spread the dip on the tortillas, then top with the coleslaw, avocado, tomato then the fish.
- *Chipotle Mayonnaise; 1 cup mayonnaise, 2-3 chipotle chilies (canned in adobo), 1 tablespoons adobo sauce and juice from 1/2 a lime. Blend all of the ingredients in a food processor, then cover and refrigerate.*.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I was born in the Azores in Portugal, but have lived in Canada for the majority of my life. Baking is my passion, so I'm always looking for some easy and great tasting recipes....this site is perfect for it.