Fried Cucumbers With Leeks
- Ready In:
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 4 cups leeks, julienned
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Thinly slice the cucumbers and layer on paper towles to absorb the moisture, allow to drain for at least 30 minutes.
- Trim off the root end of the leeks and discard; juliienne the white part of the leeks only, discarding the dark green tops; Rinse the leeks in cold water and drain very well.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan and add oil, butter, and cucumbers; Saute over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, tossing ALL the time.
- Brown the cucumbers and add the leeks and parsley, saute for 2 to 3 minutes more, until the leeks collapse, add salt and pepper to taste, serve.
Join The Conversation