Fried Chicken Tenders
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Homemade Chicken Tenders
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken tenderloins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 large eggs (beaten)
- 1 -2 quart vegetable oil
- Heat the oil to 375 degrees, about 6/10.
- Wash the chicken in warm water, place on a plate.
- Mix the flour, seasoned salt, garlic powder, and pepper in the medium mixing bowl.
- Beat the eggs into a small bowl.
- Coat each piece of chicken in the flour mixture, then dip it into the egg before coating it in the flour mixture again and placing onto a different plate (TIP: It helps to use one hand to dip in the egg mixture, then the other to move the chicken around in the dry batter to prevent excess clumping of the dry batter).
- Place the chicken into the hot oil carefully, make sure to leave enough space to stir the chicken during cooking.
- Put a couple of layers of paper towels onto the third plate for draining the chicken on.
- Cook the chicken about 10 minutes until it is a light brown, cut the thickest piece in half to make sure it is white all the way through.
- Once all the chicken is cooked, turn the heat on the oil up to medium/high (8/10).
- Put all of the chicken into the oil to crisp the outside, only cook for about 2-3 minutes, or until medium brown.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION