Fried Calf Liver Sudanese-Style
From “The Africa Cookbook Tastes of a Continent” by Jessica B. Harris. Sudan.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 lb calf liver, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons water
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and sauté the garlic until it is lightly browned.
- Add the salt, cinnamon, and tomato paste and cook for 2 minutes, stirring well.
- Add the liver and the water and continue to cook until the liver is cooked to taste.
- Serve hot with white rice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION