photo by PaulaG
- Ready In:
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 head cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cook bacon until crisp.
- Remove bacon from pan.
- Reserve 1 tablespoon of drippings.
- Drain bacon on paper towels, while cooking the cabbage.
- Add cabbage to bacon drippings.
- Sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Saute over medium-high heat for 10-12 minutes or until tender.
- Sprinkle with the crumbled bacon.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I have NEVER been able to make cabbage - I always thought there was some big trick to it, but this couldn't have been easier. I did leave about 2 tablespoons of the bacon grease just because I love the taste and it came out so delicious. I made this as a side to meatloaf .... you can't get better comfort food than that! Thanks!
see 8 more reviews